It’s been a week since this year’s Open Source Analytics Conference – OSA Con 2022 and we wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved for making it the success that it was!
We sold out on the day with 500 tickets booked and were delighted to see participants joining throughout the 10 hours of the conference.
With 26 talks, 31 speakers and 15 Community Sponsors, this was a virtual, open source community event that brought together a wide range of experts, enthusiasts and users from within the open source and analytics space.
Thanks to all our speakers, sponsors, and of course everyone who registered and attended on the day.
The focus of the conference is Open Source Analytic Projects and Analytic Applications, and the breadth of topics covered on the day demonstrated the demand and need for this type of content.
The Slides and Videos Will be Shared Next Week
All the talks and panels were recorded and we will be making the recordings as well as the slides available next week. Stay tuned for a communication from us with the links.
To view the full list of speakers in the meantime, please visit our conference landing page.
We did have one glitch in the otherwise smooth proceedings of the conference in that Alexey Milovidov, Co-Founder & CTO of ClickHouse Inc., wasn’t able to give his talk on the day. Not to worry though: We’ve got you covered as the talk will be given next month – see details below.
While we missed Alexey’s talk at OSA Con, we’re happy to say that the next SF Bay Area ClickHouse meetup is on the way and ready to save the day. Alexey and Altinity’s Robert Hodges are both scheduled to present next month on December 15th.
- Doing Crazy Stuff with ClickHouse – Alexey Milovidov, ClickHouse Inc. Alexey will demonstrate unusual, less-known capabilities of ClickHouse and apply them for the tasks you did not imagine possible. Running ClickHouse inside AWS Lambda, making MongoDB webscale again, making a better Google, and many more are possibilities with ClickHouse!
- Adventures with the ClickHouse ReplacingMergeTree Engine – Robert Hodges, Altinity. ReplacingMergeTree is a hidden treasure of ClickHouse that allows users to update and delete rows easily but still offers the power of MergeTree for big data. This talk explains how RMT works and how to use it effectively.
- We’re still looking for additional talks for this meetup, so please do contact the team with your suggestions.
The Meetup will also be streamed to Youtube as usual. You can view the session and post questions to speakers. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/G9MxRpKlbnI
Shout out to our Community Sponsors
Many thanks to our Community Sponsors for their help in turning OSA Con 2022 into this great opportunity to hear about and discuss how open source and analytics are opening new business ideas and opportunities.
If you’d like to join the fun and become a Community Sponsor for OSA Con 2023, please contact our team at email@example.com for details. We’re already making plans on how we can make OSA Con even bigger and even more inclusive of all aspects of the open source and analytics community at large.
Last but Not Least: Thanks to Our Awesome Conference Team
- Cristina Munteanu — Conference Automation
- Ryhan Sunny — Digital Marketing & Speaker/Sponsor Relations
- Sphoorti Bandhare — SEO & Social Communications
- Jean-Jérôme Schmidt-Soisson — Head of Marketing