What is ClickHouse®?
Add high performance analytics to any application–from embedded services to systems running on hundreds of servers. Game on!
New to ClickHouse? Start with this video series that covers just how fast ClickHouse is, how to install ClickHouse on Ubuntu, and why you would need a Data Warehouse.
Open Source Meets SQL Column Stores
ClickHouse is the first open source SQL data warehouse to match the performance, maturity, and scalability of proprietary databases like Sybase IQ, Vertica, and Snowflake.
These state-of-the-art features are built into ClickHouse:
ClickHouse development is driven by a community consisting of hundreds of contributors focused on solving real problems, not implementing corporate roadmaps.
Get Low Latency Analytics Everywhere
ClickHouse excels at business problems that require consistent low-latency response across petabyte tables. It can handle data arrival rates of millions of rows per second. Achievable response times include:
- Ad-Hoc queries on source data: 1 second or less
- Queries on aggregates: 10 milliseconds or less
- Ingestion to query response: 500 milliseconds
ClickHouse dominates in use cases like web analytics, real-time network management, service log analysis, real-time ad bidding, asset valuation in financial markets, and security threat identification.
ClickHouse is Developer Friendly
Thanks to Apache 2.0 licenses for ClickHouse and ecosystem projects, developers can build innovative analytics without spending a cent for proprietary licenses or expensive cloud services. However, there’s a lot more to make a developer happy:
- Builds that install in 60 seconds or less
- Run ClickHouse and your entire analytic stack in Kubernetes
- Simple integration with Kafka for rapid data ingestion
- A wealth of features designed to solve problems like funnel analysis, last point queries, and pivoting results
- Ability to read directly from S3, MySQL, PostgresQL, Redis, and ODBC data sources
- Tight integration with popular visualization tools like Grafana, Superset, and Tableau.
Get Unrivaled Cost-Efficiency and Flexibility
ClickHouse runs anywhere that Linux does: public clouds, Kubernetes, and on-prem environments. Resource stingy algorithms keep operating costs low while maximizing performance on available hardware. The permissive Apache 2.0 license makes ClickHouse an ideal choice for applications ranging from multi-tenant cloud services to embedded applications.
Get Your Free Consultation with a ClickHouse Expert.
Altinity can help you determine if ClickHouse fits your requirements, and we’ll show you the key benefits of using ClickHouse for your specific data analytics application.