Dec 31, 2018
Altinity greets everybody with a New Year 2019! As a small gift to our friends we are happy to announce ClickHouse 18.14.19 Altinity Stable release. This is a last stable release in 2018, and funny enough that release minor version is 19, as a welcome message to the next year future releases.
Altinity Stable 18.14.19 is a minor bug-fixing release to the previous 18.14.15. It fixes few problems that some of community members have reported. If you did not experience any issues metioned below, you may skip the upgrade. However, we noticed that ClickHouse memory consumption decreased in general with this release.
- Fixed a bug with range_hashed dictionaries returning wrong results.
- Fixed an error that caused messages “netlink: ‘…’: attribute type 1 has an invalid length” to be printed in Linux kernel log in some recent versions of Linux kernel.
- Fixed segfault in function ’empty’ for FixedString arguments.
- Fixed excessive memory allocation when using a large value of max_query_size.
- Fixed cases when the ODBC bridge process did not terminate with the main server process.
- Fixed synchronous insertion into the Distributed table with a columns list that differs from the column list of the remote table.
- Fixed a rare race condition that could lead to a crash when dropping a MergeTree table.
- Fixed a query deadlock in a case when query thread creation fails with the ‘Resource temporarily unavailable’ error.
- Fixed parsing of the ENGINE clause when the CREATE AS table syntax was used and the ENGINE clause was specified before the AS table (the error resulted in ignoring the specified engine).
- Fixed a segfault if the ‘max_temporary_non_const_columns’ limit was exceeded
- Fixed a bug with databases being not correctly specified when executing DDL ON CLUSTER queries
Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any issues with the upgrade.
Happy New Year!