ClickHouse is the hottest analytic database on the planet and Altinity is the home of ClickHouse experts who build real-time data solutions that run anywhere. ClickHouse now has more contributors than ElasticSearch, previously the biggest open-source analytic project on GitHub.
Altinity is looking for a great server internals engineer to work on contributions to ClickHouse. As a ClickHouse Open Source Developer, you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting features of ClickHouse ranging from encryption to storage to query processing. We’re looking for imaginative engineers with a background in database internals and in high-performance languages like C++.
We have lots of exciting projects underway as we help the community adapt ClickHouse to the cloud and Kubernetes.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Proven experience in design, implementation, and testing high-performance DBMS features in a complex C++ codebase.
- Excellent background in database internals including query languages, access methods, storage, and/or connectivity
- Demonstrated ability to read and write good C++
- Good understanding of networking and I/O on Linux
- Familiar with performance optimization techniques and tools
- History of getting pull requests vetted and merged in rapidly evolving open-source projects
- Sound knowledge of database testing, debugging, and low-level performance optimization
- Enthusiasm to learn more about database technology and data-related applications
- Good English language reading and writing skills
- Eager to work with a friendly, distributed team following open-source dev practices
- MAJOR PLUS: previous development experience on ClickHouse
A day in your life as a ClickHouse server engineer may include any or all of the following:
- Write good task-specific C++ code and solidify it with tests
- Debug issues reported by users, fix them and add tests to make sure they won’t happen again
- Profile existing code and make it faster (either by applying clever algorithms, adding vectorized intrinsics, or by implementing cool tricks), add performance tests
- Submit your own pull requests and review pull requests from others
- Help the Support Team investigate customer problems running ClickHouse
- Help new community members contribute to ClickHouse
- Attend meetups and make presentations on open-source development
- Write blog articles and share information about ClickHouse
- Work from Anywhere, Anytime: We are not your typical nine-to-five shop! Enjoy the flexibility of working from literally wherever and whenever. Create a schedule that works for you and your family or lifestyle. Recharge your batteries with our open vacation policies.
- Cultural Diversity: We love that we get to work with passionate people from around the world. Currently, our team is made of professionals from 16 different countries!
- Career Development: We provide opportunities to learn new technologies as well as try out new roles. We also offer access to training on leading-edge technologies, plus flexible work schedules for external education.
- USA Employees Benefits: We offer comprehensive PPO health care plans for our US-based employees that are incredibly flexible to meet the needs of individuals or families. 401K with company match also available.
- Company Travel: We come together in person two to three times per year in locations across the globe. During non-pandemic times, of course! We also fund travel to conferences and encourage presentations as well as contributions to open-source communities.
This is a full-time position and includes equity in the company.
Altinity is a venture-funded and profitable company designed to remain in the business for the next decade.
We are 100% remote. You may work anywhere you have work permits.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com