We keep our promise to support and deliver Altinity Stable Builds for ClickHouse. These builds undergo additional testing from our side, are built in a secure environment, are signed and are maintained for 3 years. In the previous month we have released two updates to 2021 releases, but did not announce them officially on the Altinity Blog. Now we are fixing the gap.
Altinity Stable Build for ClickHouse 22.214.171.124
This is a security update to 126.96.36.199 release. It backports fixes for several CVEs into 21.1 version:
As we discussed in a recent Altinity Blog article, JFrog discovered these CVEs and reported them to the Yandex team in 2021. The CVEs have been already included in 21.3.19 and 21.8.11 and Altinity.Stable and ClickHouse builds and all ClickHouse builds after 21.10. We have now backported the fixes to 21.1 as part of our long-term maintenance policy for Altinity Stable builds.
We recommend all users running ClickHouse 21.1 upgrade to this version.
Docker Image: altinity/clickhouse-server:188.8.131.52.altinitystable
Altinity Stable Build for ClickHouse 184.108.40.206
This is the Altinity Stable build based on the community 220.127.116.11-lts version.
Changes compared to the Community Build 18.104.22.168-lts:
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue with merging configs that have and root XML tags. (backport of ClickHouse@213ecae) (via #114).
- Bug Fix: Backport of ClickHouse#31823 to 21.8: Fix invalid cast of nullable type when nullable primary key is used (via #110)
- Build/Testing/Packaging Improvement: Various macOS compilation and packaging fixes/backporting (via #108)
- Build/Testing/Packaging Improvement: Minor test improvements (via afb4a0a, 4c35386)
Changes compared to the previous Altinity Stable 22.214.171.124:
- Fix segfault while parsing ORC file with corrupted footer. Closes ClickHouse#33797 via ClickHouse#33984 Kruglov Pavel.
- Fix usage of functions array and tuple with literal arguments in distributed queries. Previously it could lead to Not found columns exception. ClickHouse#33938 (Anton Popov).
- Fix s3 table function reading empty file. Closes ClickHouse#33008 via ClickHouse#33037 (Kseniia Sumarokova).
- Fix hdfs url check that didn’t allow using HA namenode address. Bug was introduced in ClickHouse#31042. ClickHouse#32976 (Kruglov Pavel).
- Server might fail to start if database with MySQL engine cannot connect to MySQL server, it’s fixed. Fixes ClickHouse#14441 via ClickHouse#32802 (tavplubix).
We recommend users running ClickHouse 21.8 upgrade to this version.
Altinity Stable for ClickHouse 22.3 is coming!
ClickHouse 21.8 has been our go-to ClickHouse release for production deployments for many months. However, as new features are added to ClickHouse users demand an update. We have been testing ClickHouse 22.3 releases since early April and are going to certify the build very soon. This is going to be a huge update with a lot of new features and improvements. Stay tuned!