Knowledge is Power
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced user, Altinity’s ClickHouse training turns your team into ClickHouse experts. You do not need to have a working knowledge of ClickHouse, but any relational database (e.g., MySQL) experience is recommended. If you are new to relational databases, we do recommend our Data Warehouse Basics course as a pre-requisite which is offered free the week prior.
A complete introduction to ClickHouse for developers. Students learn about ClickHouse architecture as well as practical steps to build high-performance analytic applications. Upon completion students will be able to:
Students are assumed to be familiar with SQL basics but do not need to have used ClickHouse previously. Sessions include in-class lab exercises on a live ClickHouse to cement understanding using standard ClickHouse clients.
8 hours (Four 2-hour sessions over two weeks)
Walk away with an Altinity Certified ClickHouse Developer certification.
ClickHouse 101 Training Curriculum
- ClickHouse introduction
- Creating and modifying tables
- Data loading methods
- Compression and partitioning
- Labs: Basic navigation, schema creation, optimizing compression
- Organization of databases
- Deep dive on analytic queries
- Materialized views and indexes
- Labs: Practice with SQL SELECTs, materialized view creation
- ClickHouse installation
- Integration with Kafka
- Use of arrays in ClickHouse
- Handling JSON data
- Lab: Using arrays to track events, extracting JSON data into table columns
- Introduction to clusters: replication and sharding
- Creating schema and loading data in clusters
- Distributed query processing
- ClickHouse user management
- Lab: Create, populate, and query clustered tables
Not seeing what your team requires for training? Contact us and we’ll see how we can help.
You Build Your Business, We’ll Manage ClickHouse
Analytic applications guide your business. Altinity is there to ensure your systems are always up and your vision is clear. Our team is an expert at every aspect of developing and operating ClickHouse. We handle everything from helping restore down systems to answering developer questions.