ClickHouse is the hottest analytic database on the planet and Altinity is the home of ClickHouse experts who build real-time data solutions that run anywhere. ClickHouse now has more contributors than ElasticSearch, previously the biggest Open Source analytic project on GitHub. Altinity is looking for database geeks able to guide users around the globe in building ClickHouse applications.
Altinity is a distributed company that values employees, open-source, and doing the right things for customers.
We are looking for an outstanding Technical Support Department Manager to lead a Customer Support team to provide best-in-class service to our clients.
- Management of a team of experts, including skills development, performance management, and scheduling
- Develop, execute and deliver on the key KPIs (first response time, time to resolution etc.)
- Manage day-to-day operations to ensure requests are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain regular contact with customers and handle escalations
- Ensuring the satisfaction of customers with Altinity services and software
- Handling support calls from customers using ClickHouse
- Connecting to ClickHouse, designing applications, deploying/upgrading ClickHouse, and operations
- Researching new technology, working on ClickHouse-related side projects, and fixing Clickhouse itself
- Maintain and improve our knowledge base to support external and internal users with various platforms, including overseeing the creation of training materials, knowledge base help articles and video tutorials
- Define, implement, manage and evolve the end-to-end Customer Support Experience for the company
- Data-driven. You use data to guide decisions and optimize results
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and leading others through challenging complex and time-sensitive situations
- Able to foster an environment where teams make sound technical decisions and collaborate efficiently on deliverables
- Focus on ensuring that individual engineers have a clear direction, resources, and adequate time to build high quality
- Excellent planning and task management skills with the ability to assess and mitigate risks
- Comfortable working with all stakeholders on projects and smoothly balancing the interests of customers, engineers, and management
- Enjoy hiring and managing people, as well as mentoring them to do their best work
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing distributed team where you don’t just solve problems but help us frame the problem in the first place
- Strong customer empathy. You are passionate about customers as people and businesses
- You have an excellent analytical, presentation and outstanding communication skills
- You are calm and collected when dealing with complex technical problems
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Support Department Manager
- 5+ years of experience working in SaaS / B2B or Enterprise software support
- Expert SQL knowledge for one of: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with ClickHouse would be a huge plus
- Experience with running production-grade systems
- Basic knowledge of distributed system concepts and big data technology stacks
- Experience with data science/data analysis
- Experience working with remote teams
- Version control using git
- Work from Anywhere, Anytime: We are not your typical nine-to-five shop! Enjoy the flexibility of working from literally wherever and whenever. Create a schedule that works for you and your family or lifestyle. Recharge your batteries with our open vacation policies.
- Cultural Diversity: We love that we get to work with passionate people from around the world. Currently, our team is made of professionals from 14 different countries!
- Career Development: We provide opportunities to learn new technologies as well as try out new roles. We also offer access to training on leading-edge technologies, plus flexible work schedules for external education.
- USA Employees Benefits: We offer comprehensive PPO health care plans for our US-based employees that are incredibly flexible to meet the needs of individuals or families. 401K with company match also available.
- Company Travel: We come together in person two to three times per year in locations across the globe. During non-pandemic times, of course! We also fund travel to conferences and encourage presentations as well as contributions to open source communities.
This is a full-time position and includes equity in the company.
Altinity is venture-funded and financially stable.
We are 100% remote. You may work anywhere you have work permits.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org