Security Solution Engineer / DevOPS
Website AltinityDB Altinity, Inc.
The Real-Time Data Company
ClickHouse is the hottest analytic database on the planet. Altinity software and services allow ClickHouse users to build real-time analytics that can run in any environment. Security is naturally a big part of our job.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Security Engineer/DevOPS to help support industry leading security for ClickHouse analytic applications. You’ll tell us where the skeletons are buried, write code to keep them safe, and help us tell our users about it. The problem scope includes ClickHouse operation in public clouds, Kubernetes, and bare metal. The ability to deliver is more important than experience.
Here’s how to figure out if you fit:
- You are a highly technical self-starter interested in all things security.
- You can work directly with users to identify threats.
- You are an excellent coder with high standards for quality.
- You can implement solutions quickly with thorough documentation.
You have the following qualifications:
- Excellent fluency in a high-level programming language like Python
- Solid application programming experience in at least one of the following areas: authentication, authorization, network security, data encryption, certificate management, etc., with hands-on coding experience in these areas. (Test development counts.)
- Outstanding administration skills in Linux as well as data center automation using CI/CD pipelines and Ansible/Terraform
- Hands-on experience with databases
- Outstanding communication skills – both oral presentations and written documentation
- A healthy sense of paranoia that drives you to go the extra mile to mitigate threats
- Comfortable working in a distributed team following open-source dev practices
- Operational experience with the public cloud and Kubernetes is a major plus
- Work from Anywhere, Anytime: We are not your typical nine-to-five shop! Enjoy the flexibility of working from literally wherever and whenever. Create a schedule that works for you and your family or lifestyle. Recharge your batteries with our open vacation policies
- Career Development: We’re looking for doers who want to learn. We offer access to training on leading-edge technologies, opportunities to apply them, and flexible work schedules for external education.
- USA Employees Benefits: We offer comprehensive PPO health care plans for our US-based employees that are incredibly flexible to meet the needs of individuals or families. 401K with company match also available.
- Company Travel: We come together in person two to three times per year in locations across the globe. We also fund travel to conferences and encourage presentations as well as contributions to open source communities.
This is a full-time position and includes equity in the company.
Altinity is venture-funded and financially stable.
We are 100% remote. You may work anywhere you have work permits but we strongly prefer North America.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org