ClickHouse is the hottest analytic database on the planet. It now has more contributors than ElasticSearch, previously the biggest Open Source analytic project on GitHub. We’re looking to hire even more. Altinity is a distributed company that values employees, open-source, and doing the right things for customers.
We are looking to hire a strong database expert who is customer-focused, and result-driven for a Pre-Sales Technical Solution Engineer role. You should be motivated to evangelize open-source ClickHousei technology, onboard and train new customers, and establish revenue potential with existing customers.
Our ideal candidate should have experience working with open source technology
- Experience with ClickHouse is a MUST
- SQL knowledge for one of: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Support our sales team during the customer trial process: demos, presentations, solution tailoring by ingesting customers data and working on it with SQL
- Manage communications between the customer and various internal Altinity Teams
- Manage and prioritize multiple paralel sales engagements with touch points in Engineering, Security and Legal.
- Engage new and existing accounts to identify and build relationships with decision makers.
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction across assigned set of accounts (no less than 40).
- Prioritize customer needs and coordinate with support, product, and engineering teams to help customers be successful with ClickHouse and our Managed Database offering (Altinity.Cloud).
- Create technical documentation for DevOps, implementations, and services engagements
- 5+ years experience in Database engineer / systems architect / sales engineer roles working for companies in SaaS, Open Source or Enterprise Software.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing trends and open source business models.
- Successful customer-facing technical sales experience
- Experience in managing B2B relations with a track record of steadily increasing responsibility in sales or customer growth
- Strong technical knowledge, understanding and passion for Databases, SQL and high-tech
- Hands-on experience with DevOps tools
- Familiar with programming languages.
- Strong analytical, numerical and presentation skills
- Project management skills (organizing meetings, gathering customer requirements, writing Minutes of Meeting) and ability to communicate status clearly both to customers as well as internal teams
- Ability to perform market and relevant technical research
- Ability to develop and use solution-based, consultative sales techniques
- Experience in leading a discussion with a group of Product Managers, Engineers, and Executives
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture.
- Ready to travel for business when necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Russian)
This is a full-time position and includes equity in the company. Some travel will be required once the COVID mess is over.
Altinity is venture-funded and financially stable. We are 100% remote. You may work anywhere you have work permits, though you will have to cater to North America market.
Check out our many other benefits including flexible work hours, career development, and open vacation policies.
To apply, send your resume and a short description of why you would like to join Altinity or work with ClickHouse to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com