Altinity is looking for a hands-on, technically oriented manager to help us plan, implement, and deliver the next generation of analytic systems based on open source. As an Engineering People Manager, you’ll be responsible for planning and helping engineers to work efficiently toward deliverables.
Here are the qualifications:
- Experience hiring and managing people, as well as mentoring them to do their best work
- Demonstrated experience managing teams that deliver complex enterprise software
- Strong project management skills
- Able to foster an environment where teams make sound technical decisions and collaborate efficiently on deliverables
- Focus on ensuring that individual engineers have a clear direction, resources, and adequate time to build high-quality solutions
- Excellent planning and task management skills with the ability to assess and mitigate risks
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing distributed team where you don’t just solve problems but help us frame the problem in the first place
- Ability to work with all stakeholders on projects and smoothly balance the interests of customers, engineers, and management
- Proven experience in customer-facing roles, involving direct interactions, and strong customer empathy. You are passionate about customers as people and businesses
- You have excellent analytical, presentation, and outstanding communication skills
- Basic knowledge of distributed system concepts and big data technology stacks
- Work from Anywhere, Anytime: We are not your typical nine-to-five shop! Enjoy the flexibility of working from literally wherever and whenever. Create a schedule that works for you and your family or lifestyle. Recharge your batteries with our open vacation policies.
- Cultural Diversity: We love that we get to work with passionate people from around the world. Currently, our team is made of professionals from 14 different countries!
- Career Development: We provide opportunities to learn new technologies as well as try out new roles. We also offer access to training on leading-edge technologies, plus flexible work schedules for external education.
- USA Employees Benefits: We offer comprehensive PPO health care plans for our US-based employees that are incredibly flexible to meet the needs of individuals or families. 401K with company match also available.
- Company Travel: We come together in person two to three times per year in locations across the globe. During non-pandemic times, of course! We also fund travel to conferences and encourage presentations as well as contributions to open-source communities.
This is a full-time position and includes equity in the company.
Altinity is venture-funded and financially stable.
We are 100% remote. You may work anywhere you have work permits.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org