ClickHouse is the hottest analytic database on the planet. It now has more contributors than ElasticSearch, previously the biggest Open Source analytic project on GitHub. We’re looking to hire even more. Altinity is ClickHouse Customer Success / Technical Support Engineera distributed company that values employees, open-source, and doing the right things for customers.
Altinity is seeking a hands-on engineer to handle pre-sales, on-boarding, and post-sales support to ensure successful ClickHouse deployments. Our customers include some of the most demanding data-driven businesses on the planet. They expect timely, professional assistance from us.
- You’ll need to be an ace at sizing up ClickHouse designs and comfortable explaining them to customers, as well as giving them options for solutions.
- You’ll also need to be good at project management (organizing meetings, gathering customer requirements, writing Minutes of Meeting) and able to communicate status clearly both to customers as well as internal teams.
- You are great at keeping track of customer account status.
- Finally, you are excited by analytic database applications and ready to do what it takes to make customers successful.
Here is the required background.
- Experience with ClickHouse is a MUST
- SQL knowledge for one of: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Hands-on experience with databases and a firm understanding of analytic applications
- Understand databases and Linux well enough to fix basic problems, as well as know when to call in the cavalry
- Experience doing demos and working hand-in-hand with clients to develop solutions
- Ability to assess requirements accurately and work out design options
- Able to manage multiple projects and ensure clear communication to all participants (Project Management certifications like PMI PMP or similar would be a huge plus)
- Background in enterprise sales and/or customer success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Russian)
- Work from Anywhere, Anytime: We are not your typical nine-to-five shop! Enjoy the flexibility of working from literally wherever and whenever. Create a schedule that works for you and your family or lifestyle. Recharge your batteries with our open vacation policies
- Cultural Diversity: We love that we get to work with passionate people from around the world. Currently, our team is made of professionals from 12 different countries!
- Career Development: We provide opportunities to learn new technologies as well as try out new roles. We also offer access to training on leading-edge technologies, plus flexible work schedules for external education.
- USA Employees Benefits: We offer comprehensive PPO health care plans for our US-based employees that are incredibly flexible to meet the needs of individuals or families. 401K with company match also available.
- Company Travel: We come together in person two to three times per year in locations across the globe. During non-pandemic times, of course! We also fund travel to conferences and encourage presentations as well as contributions in open source communities.
This is a full-time position with commissions on success. It also includes an equity position in the company.
Altinity is venture-funded and financially stable. We are 100% remote. You may work anywhere you have work permits. Some travel will be required once the COVID mess is over.
To apply, send your resume and a short description of why you would like to join Altinity or work with ClickHouse to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com