ClickHouse is the hottest analytic database on the planet. It now has more contributors than ElasticSearch, previously the biggest open-source analytic project on GitHub. We’re looking to hire even more. Altinity is a distributed company that values employees, open-source, and doing the right things for customers.
We are looking to hire a strong database expert who is customer-focused and result-driven for a Technical Pre-Sales Support / Customer Success Engineer role. You should be motivated to evangelize open-source ClickHousei technology, onboard and train new customers, and establish revenue potential with existing customers.
Our ideal candidate should have experience working with open-source technology
- Experience with ClickHouse is a HUGE PLUS
- SQL knowledge for one of: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Support our sales team during the customer trial process: demos, presentations, and solution tailoring by ingesting customers’ data and working on it with SQL
- Manage communications between the customer and various internal Altinity Teams
- Manage and prioritize multiple parallel sales engagements with touch points in Engineering, Security, and Legal.
- Engage new and existing accounts to identify and build relationships with decision-makers.
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction across assigned sets of accounts (no less than 40).
- Prioritize customer needs and coordinate with support, product, and engineering teams to help customers be successful with ClickHouse and our Managed Database offering (Altinity.Cloud).
- Create technical documentation for DevOps, implementations, and services engagements
- 5+ years experience in Database engineer / systems architect / sales engineer roles working for companies in SaaS, Open Source or Enterprise Software.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing trends and open-source business models.
- Successful customer-facing technical sales experience
- Experience in managing B2B relations with a track record of steadily increasing responsibility in sales or customer growth
- Strong technical knowledge, understanding, and passion for Databases, SQL, and high-tech
- Hands-on experience with DevOps tools
- Familiar with programming languages.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and presentation skills
- Project management skills (organizing meetings, gathering customer requirements, writing Minutes of Meetings) and ability to communicate status clearly both to customers as well as internal teams
- Ability to perform market and relevant technical research
- Ability to develop and use solution-based, consultative sales techniques
- Experience in leading a discussion with a group of Product Managers, Engineers, and Executives
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced startup culture.
- Ready to travel for business when necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Russian)
This is a full-time position and includes equity in the company. Some travel will be required.
Altinity is venture-funded and financially stable. We are 100% remote. You may work anywhere you have work permits, though you will have to cater to the North American market.
Check out our many other benefits including flexible work hours, career development, and open vacation policies.
To apply, send your resume and a short description of why you would like to join Altinity or work with ClickHouse to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org