Altinity is looking for database geeks able to guide users around the globe in building ClickHouse applications. ClickHouse is the hottest analytic database on the planet. It now has more contributors than ElasticSearch, previously the biggest analytic project on GitHub. We’re looking to hire even more. Altinity is a distributed company that values employees, open-source, and doing the right things for customers. We serve a rapidly expanding customer base as well as the broader ClickHouse open source community.
Your responsibilities will be divided as follows:
- Support (75% of time)
- Helping build production-grade systems based on ClickHouse: advise how to design schemas, plan clusters etc. Environments range from single node setups to clusters with 100s of nodes, including Altinity.Cloud, our managed ClickHouse service.
- Working with the community – GitHub, Stack Overflow, Telegram.
- Research and development (25% of time)
- Studying new usage patterns, ClickHouse functions, & integration with other products.
- Writing tech articles – for Altinity blog and internal KB.
- Working on infrastructure projects related to ClickHouse
- Improving ClickHouse itself – fixing bugs, improving docs, creating test-cases, etc.
Candidates need to meet the following qualifications:
- Experience with ClickHouse is a MUST
- Expert SQL knowledge for one of: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Strong Linux shell skills / bash scripting skills
- Experience with running production-grade systems
- Technical English writing and speaking skills
- Docker self-defense skills
- Basic knowledge of distributed system concepts and big data technology stacks
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, C++, Java, Go)
- University degree (IT/math) or equivalent experience.
The following additional qualifications are a significant plus:
- Kubernetes knowledge and operating experience
- Experience with big data stack components like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Nifi, …
- Experience with data science/data analysis
- Knowledge of SRE / DevOP stacks – monitoring/system management tools (Prometheus, Ansible, ELK, …)
- Version control using git
A day in your life as a ClickHouse Solutions Engineer may include any or all of the following:
- Handling support calls from customers using ClickHouse. This includes diagnosing problems connecting to ClickHouse, designing applications, deploying/upgrading ClickHouse, and operations;
- Support engineers need to be ace puzzle-solvers who can figure out what problem the user is encountering, diagnose root cause(s), and propose solutions;
- Researching new technology, working on ClickHouse-related side projects, and fixing Clickhouse itself.
- Work from Anywhere, Anytime: We are not your typical nine-to-five shop! Enjoy the flexibility of working from literally wherever and whenever. Create a schedule that works for you and your family or lifestyle. Recharge your batteries with our open vacation policies
- Cultural Diversity: We love that we get to work with passionate people from around the world. Currently, our team is made of professionals from 12 different countries!
- Career Development: We provide opportunities to learn new technologies as well as try out new roles. We also offer access to training on leading-edge technologies, plus flexible work schedules for external education.
- USA Employees Benefits: We offer comprehensive PPO health care plans for our US-based employees that are incredibly flexible to meet the needs of individuals or families. 401K with company match also available.
- Company Travel: We come together in person two to three times per year in locations across the globe. During non-pandemic times, of course! We also fund travel to conferences and encourage presentations as well as contributions in open source communities.
This is a full-time position and includes equity in the company. Altinity is venture-funded and financially stable. We are 100% remote. You may work anywhere you have work permits, though we prefer candidates from North America or Europe. Check out our many other benefits including flexible work hours, career development, and open vacation policies.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org