ClickHouse is the hottest analytic database on the planet and Altinity is the home of ClickHouse experts who build real-time data solutions that run anywhere. ClickHouse now has more contributors than ElasticSearch, previously the biggest Open Source analytic project on GitHub.
Altinity is a distributed company that values employees, open-source, and doing the right things for customers.
Altinity is looking for a great Automation QA Engineer to help us deliver high-quality analytic data services across all environments. Along with other testing professionals, you will be testing features in the ClickHouse server as well as cloud and Kubernetes services that operate ClickHouse. We verify SQL, REST, native client APIs, and operating system-level interfaces in the stack. Much of our software is open source and our tests make heavy use of open source software and development techniques. Your test code may be publicly visible, so it has to be great.
Here is how to tell if you fit:
- You are ready to work on different projects, for example, core ClickHouse automated tests, ClickHouse drivers, UI automation, manual testing, API testing, Kubernetes operator, different Kubernetes distributions setup and management with GitLab and GitHub Actions CI/CD skills
- You have an unmatched motivation and are fascinated by software quality
- You are an outstanding coder
- You know or want to learn how to develop and run tests at every level of the stack
- You can communicate and work well with a remote team
Candidates need to meet the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of hands-on testing experience in DBMS, cloud services, storage, or operating systems
- 2+ years of experience working with Kubernetes
- Excellent knowledge of Python, C++ and bash scripting
- Excellent coding skills and ability to write clean, efficient test code
- Expert at designing enterprise-level functional tests for cloud services, client libraries, or service APIs
- Experienced in using modern CI/CD systems like GitLab and GitHub Actions
- Tenacious at figuring out ways to break software and systematic in documenting bugs
- Excellent discipline to follow test processes
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Work from Anywhere, Anytime: We are not your typical nine-to-five shop! Enjoy the flexibility of working from literally wherever and whenever. Create a schedule that works for you and your family or lifestyle. Recharge your batteries with our open vacation policies.
- Cultural Diversity: We love that we get to work with passionate people from around the world. Currently, our team is made of professionals from 14 different countries!
- Career Development: We provide opportunities to learn new technologies as well as try out new roles. We also offer access to training on leading-edge technologies, plus flexible work schedules for external education.
- USA Employees Benefits: We offer comprehensive PPO health care plans for our US-based employees that are incredibly flexible to meet the needs of individuals or families. 401K with company match also available.
- Company Travel: We come together in person two to three times per year in locations across the globe. During non-pandemic times, of course! We also fund travel to conferences and encourage presentations as well as contributions to open source communities.
This is a full-time position and includes equity in the company.
Altinity is venture-funded and financially stable.
We are 100% remote. You may work anywhere you have work permits.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org